Tourism and activities
By choosing Les Clochettes du Risoux located in the heart of the Regional Natural Park of Haut-Jura, you choose a region offering a multitude of activities and sites to discover. We offer a selection and we remain at your disposal to guide you.
- Hiking : Hiking : circuits from 5 to 30 km long or 80 km of marked trails in total. We are also on the route of the "Grande Traversée du Jura (GTJ)", "GR5" and the "Échappée Jurassienne"
- Mountain bike trail : marked trails for a total of 130 km. Bicycle rental in the village and secure bike storage on site. We are on the route of the GTJ VTT
- Swingolf : variant of golf . Course and equipment rental in the village
- Tennis : there are 2 tennis courts situated in the village
- Swimming : many natural lakes and indoor pools in the area
- Cross-country skiing : 110 km of groomed piste featuring 1 illuminated piste. Two equipment rental factilites in the village
- Sledge run : in the village
- Raquette (snow shoes) : 7 tracks from 3 to 12 kms. Raquette rental in the village.
- Dog sledding : walks for all ages and driving lessons - 5 kms from the hôtel.
- Ski Joëring : ski tour on snow pulled by a Comtois horse - about 10 kms from the hotel.
- Ski jumping : in winter as in summer, initiation to ski jumping on the Chaux-Neuve ski jump.
- Downhill skiing : alpine areas in Bellefontaine, Morbier, Chaux-Neuve, Métabief, Les Rousses, etc.
Glisses Nordiques, nordic ski school in the village :
- cross-country skiing lessons for all ages from 4 years old
- biathlon course
- preparation courses for major races
- night hikes
Nature Odyssée Jura, moutain guides in the village :
- summer activities : hiking, Nordic walking, mountain biking, orienteering, nature activities, walking biathlon
- winter activities : snowshoeing, skiing (classic, skating and Nordic hiking), snowshoeing or skiing biathlon, igloo building
- cultural activities : tourist guide, evening entertainment and discovery classes
Doubs tourismeis one of our partners to organize stays in the Jura mountains. Here are the 3 types of stay they offer :Trek on the Jura ridges
Visits / Museums
- Ecomuseum Maison Michaud : 17th century piped farm – 5 km
- Polar Park : reindeers, deers, yaks, aurochs, bisons, sled dogs in their natural environment – 8 km
- Maison de la Réserve : fun and interative exhibition rooms and discovery walks on the theme of nature - at Labergement Sainte Marie
- Cascades du Hérisson : 7 waterfalls, classified Natural Site, including «L’éventail» mesuring 65 m high - 30 minutes from the hotel.
- Moidons caves : caves and enchanting light and sound show – in Molain.
- Belvédère of 2 lakes : breathtaking view of Lake Remoray and Lake Saint-Point - in Le Brey-et-Maison-du-Bois.
- Arbois : very pretty town, classified as a "remarkable site of taste" with many wine cellars from the Jura and the cholocate maker Edouard Édouard Hirsinger, one of the best workers in France.
- Baume-les-Messieurs : town with an impressive seclusion, a waterfall, an imperial abbey, a cave and four belvederes. Village labeled "small towns of Comtoise with character".
- Geneva : pretty city wih its famous water jet on the shores of lake Geneva.
Taste local specialtiesComing on vacation to Chapelle
des Bois also means taking the time to meet local producers to discover our specialties :
- Cheeses : Comté, Morbier, Mont d’or, Bleu de Gex
- Jura wines : yellow wine, straw wine, macvin, ...
- Cured meats : Morteau sausage, raw smoked ham, ...